Apple iPad ReviewAn Apple iPad 3 review to help you decide whether to get the WiFi version, or the WiFi + 4G version available with AT&T or Verizon service. What do we think? Basically the iPad is a multi-functional electronic gadget that performs a lot of duties, perhaps some will need and others will not.
For those of you trying to decide on the iPad or the Amazon Kindle wireless ebook reader, please go to our Kindle vs iPad Review and Comparison Chart. I assume you are here at our site because you are interested in getting a wireless ereader, which the Kindle excels at doing. If you think you should get an iPad because it has more functions than the Kindle, think twice and read our iPad review by following the link above. Also look at the Kindle Fire Tablet - Kindle Fire vs iPad review.
Some Pros of the Apple iPad 3
- Screen size (9.5" x 7.31" x 0.37" ) is large enough for comfortable reading, yet the unit is small enough for comfortable transport.
- New High-Retina display, and higer pixel resolution at 2048x1536 at 264ppi
- Available in both WiFi and WiFi + 4G models
- Several models offered at 6 different price points based on size: 16GB, 32GB and 64GB and whether or not you want 3G capability. Price range from $499-$829
- Easy to navigate Touch Screen
- Supports many file formats: ePub, pdf, mp3, jpeg, gif, tiff, doc, docx, htm, html, key, numbers, pages, ppt, pptx, txt, rtf, vcf, xls, xlsx
- Multi-functions include web browsing, check email, store photos, music player, video and movie player, download books from iBookstore, store notes, contacts, calendar, download applications from the Apps Store and more.
- Faster 1 GHZ A5X Dual Core Processor with 1GB RAM
- iSight 5MP Camera, HD Video Recorder
Some Cons of the Apple iPad 3
- The iPad can perform multiple tasks, but is not a multi-tasker. Huh? Well, basically you can only do one thing at a time. This has been cited as one of iPad's biggest downfalls. So, for example, you cannot listen to music while looking through your photos.
- No USB port. No memory card slots. What? This is to replace my mobile laptop and there is no USB port? But wait, you can always Buy the USB dock connector. But I'm already paying $499, minimum!
- The iPad does not support Flash player which means you cannot view a lot of sites on the web that use Flash. Bummer.
- LED backlit screen vs Kindle and other ereaders that use e-Ink technology. More strain on the eyes than e-Ink and drains batteries more quickly.
- Unlike the Free 3G on the Kindle ereader, you have to pay a monthly fee for iPad 4G.
- It has been noted that the iPad 4 gets pretty warm on the back, especially when playing actions games which makes the processor and graphics chips work hard. Consumer Reports recorded the temperature getting to 116 degrees while playing Infinity Blade II.
Apple iPad 3 Review and Highlights
Apple iPad Tablet units on eBayHere are some current listings from sellers on eBay for the Apple iPad. You may be able to find some good deals, just remember to check the sellers feedback before committing to buy. If you really want an iPad, but do not want to pay the brand new cost, we are betting that just like people who purchased the first Kindle, that people will buy the first iPad model and then sell it on eBay when the 4G model comes out, or when iPad 4 is released. So you probably will be able to grab an iPad at discount on eBay from these sellers.
Do not forget to view our iPad vs Kindle Comparison
2015 Ebook Reader and Color Tablet Comparison Chart